QUESTION TAGS verify information or confirm if something is true.
- You know the address, DON’T you?
- She‘S beautiful, ISN’T she?
- He CAN’T speak Arabic, CAN he?
- You WON’T tell him, WILL you?
- That WAS fun, WASN’T it?
Use the same auxiliary verb. If there is no auxiliary verb, use DO or DOES.
- You like apples, DON’T YOU?
- She has a sister, DOESN’T SHE?
If the statement is POSITIVE, the tag is NEGATIVE.
- You‘RE Italian, AREN’T YOU?
If the statement is NEGATIVE, the tag is POSITIVE.
- I’M on time, AREN’T I? (first person singular)
- Be quiet, WILL YOU? (imperative)
- Let’s work together, SHALL WE? (The question tag for LET’S is SHALL WE.)
- He has a good job, DOESN’T HE? (When HAVE is the main verb, use DO or DOES)
Seguici sulla nostra pagina